Promotion price with purchases until 31th Dec, 2023
Price per person
Single supplement + 50% shared rate (in case you want a private room for one person).
5 Days / 4 Nights in Cuyabeno
Explore the Amazon Jungle of Ecuador
- We welcome you to your Cuyabeno Amazon Rainforest Tour at 09:30am at our meeting point, Magic Paradise in Lago Agrio.
- For those who arrive by plane, we will greet you at the airport upon your arrival.
- From there the group will travel by van to the entrance of the Cuyabeno Reserve for a lovely canoe ride through the captivating Cuyabeno River to our Ecolodge.
- Guests will settle into their cabins and enjoy a fabulous lunch.
- The afternoon will be spent discovering the Laguna Grande, one of the main attractions of Cuyabeno National Park.
- This paradise will allow you to swim with the pink dolphins and witness the most stunning sunsets.
- Day one concludes with a night jungle hike, dinner and an enlightening talk with our naturalist guides about the animals and environment of our unique jungle ecosystem.
Day 2 and Day 3
- Wake to a fascinating sunrise and the sounds of the jungle, birds flying and chirping about our bungalows, tree frogs singing and the sound of wind gently flowing through the trees.
- Our exploration begins after breakfast, where we will trek upriver on the banks of the Cuyabeno River.
- Be on the lookout for infinite species of plants, enormous trees, aquatic vines, incredible orchids, medicinal herbs and a fantastic variety of wild animals and birds of the Ecuadorian Amazon.
- After your jungle trek you will be served a lovely lunch and then it’s time to relax for a bit in our Ecolodge.
- Relax on the hammocks and lounge chairs with a good book.
- After that we will go on a boat ride to Laguna Grande Lake were we will enjoy the sights of the surroundings and take a swim close of the gray and pink dolphins as they frolic in the water.
- Once you have enjoyed one of the most spectacular sunsets of your life, dinner awaits back at the lodge.
- The best is yet to come, with an exciting nighttime canoe ride on the river.
- Watch closely for the Amazon’s legendary black caimans as they hunt for their prey.
- The sights, and mysterious sounds you hear after dark will engage all your senses and give you memories you will never forget.
Meet the legends and the Shaman of the Siona Tribe Community Based Tourism - Half Day
Early in the morning, we will enjoy breakfast to travel by canoe to the Siona Indigenous Community, where we can interact and learn about their traditions, culture, and customs. In the same way, we will learn about the Casabe, a typical dish of this ancestral tribe. Lunch will serve in the Community and finally you meet the Shaman. He will have us perceive and interact with their spiritual world, channeling their energies, visionary, healing, and divinatory skills acquired over the years. As well as you will also have time to acquire the beautiful handicrafts made by the locals. Late in the afternoon, we will sail back to our ecolodge, on the way we will have the chance to see more wildlife and species from the Amazon Rainforest.
- We will visit the surroundings of the Reserve for bird watching in a traditional wood canoe of the Amazon Jungle called "Quilla".
- Canoeing is a quiet and peaceful activity, which provides an excellent opportunity to observe birds and monkeys along the river banks, passing through different types of scenery.
- You will also have the possibility to do kayaking on the black waters of the Cuyabeno River.
- Later in the afternoon we will go to one of the most famous lakes in Cuyabeno.
- During this excursion, you will be encouraged to swim and may encounter some of the river’s most majestic creatures: the pink dolphins.
- An early morning boat ride to enjoy the sunrise will enable us to watch the glorious Amazon birds at their most active time of day.
- The colors, sounds and sights this morning are simply stunning.
- Breakfast will be served upon your return and then you will embark on a canoe ride up the Cuyabeno River and back to civilization.
- Transportation is provided from the entrance of the Cuyabeno National Park back to Lago Agrio.
Remember that all excursions and times on this sample itinerary are subject to change and largely depend on weather, season, group limitations, group interests, and guide decisions based on passenger safety and organized operations.