Preparing for your stay at Cuyabeno Wildlife Reserve is when the excitement and anticipation really begins. But if you’ve never spent time in the Amazon Jungle Forest, you might not be sure what to pack. We’ve prepared this handy list to give you some guidance and tips.
- Shorts and t-shirts or light trousers are ideal for the daytime, and neutral tones like beige or khaki don’t show the dust. Long-sleeved shirts serve as effective protection from mosquitoes in the early mornings and evenings.
- Sunblock, sun hat, sunglasses, and sunscreen.
- Remember to bring plenty of film or memory for your camera, and a battery charger – you’ll be taking a lot of photos!
- Chargers for your personal devices.
- Do not forget your bathing suit if you plan on sunbathing or taking a dip in the lake during the sunset or swimming in the lake of the dolphins.
- A good pair of sunglasses is a must, as the sun is very powerful and they are also good to protect your eyes from dust and insects during our amazon trekkings.
- Insect Repellent.
- A light fleece or jumper will keep you warm in the early morning or evening Amazon trekkings, and a rain jacket is a good idea for when it gets wet.
- Binoculars & flashlight (optional).
- Good hiking shoes/boots/socks/tennis shoes.
- Personal face mask ( 4 at least)*.
- Personal hand sanitizer gel.
- It is very important to not forget of any of those items in the lodge, you need to take them out with you, Please!
And most important.... ...a great sense of humor!!!